The Network at the University of Cologne
With its interdisciplinary and international focus, the a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School participates in several valuable alliances with other universities and graduate networks in Germany and abroad. These partnerships create opportunities for researchers to benefit from the academic resources of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities at the University of Cologne – one of the largest of its kind in Europe.
Committed to support interdisciplinary exchange, a.r.t.e.s. has established and supports research alliances not only with Research Training Groups at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities of the University of Cologne but also manages mutually successful relationships with other faculties both at the University of Cologne and at our partner universities. Further cooperations exist with the Research Centres and Cooperation Projects of the Faculty.
To secure international connections and further training of its doctoral students, the a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School fosters international cooperations for doctoral students such as international summer schools or conferences. In addition, the a.r.t.e.s. EUmanities-programme works with an extensive partner network.
Additional Participating Institutions
- CA IV: Cultures and Societies in Transition
- Cologne African Studies Centre (CASC)
- Cologne-Bonn Centre for Central and Eastern Europe (CCCEE)
- Cologne Center of Language Sciences (CCLS)
- Zentrum für die antiken Kulturen des Mittelmeerraums (ZaKMiRa)
- Zentrum für Medienwissenschaften und Moderneforschung (MeMo)
- Zentrum für Mittelalterstudien (ZEMAK)
- Arbeitskreis Spanien - Portugal - Lateinamerika (ASPLA) & Zentrum Lateinamerika / Centro Latinoamericano de Colonia